Skip to main content

Stuck At Home and National Scrapbooking Day

We Are All Stuck At Home

and

National Scrapbooking Day is May 2


As I'm sitting here listening to Harry Styles sing, I think about what life was like before COVID-19.  Kids were in school, folks were at their jobs, sometimes I thought staying home all day was fun.  Perspectives change.  


I miss traveling, I miss going to live music concerts, I miss eating in a restaurant (since we rarely went out to eat it was special when we did), I miss taking my grand kids to the playground, I miss the solitude of drinking a hot cup of coffee all alone in my house, I miss the beach and I miss living a normal life. 

I have done more creating in the last few months than I have in a very, very long time.  I used to put it off until the last minute or try and squeeze it in all in one day.  I have come to realize that I put things in my way, impeding my creativity as well as my ability to grow, both financially and as a person.  What have you found out about yourself during this crazy time in the world?

This week I have been concentrating on using my old stash of crafting supplies along with new things I have from Close To My Heart.  I am a CRAFTING hoarder and I can admit that I have a rather large collection!  How many of you can say the same?





I pulled out an older workshop kit I had stored away in a hanging folder in my craft room.  It is called The Great Outdoors Workshop Kit item CC101815.  I love the animal stamp set that came with the kit, especially the salmon.


I also created a cute beaver card and used a sentiment stamp that comes from the BRAND NEW Aurora—Scrapbooking stamp set!  This stamp set will be out with the new catalog that goes live May 1st.


Here is a sneak peek of the front of the new catalog AND the Aurora Scrapbooking stamp and die set.

National Scrapbooking Day is May 2

Craft along with us to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day this year!

Join Close To My Heart for a day filled with creativity and fun as we celebrate National Scrapbooking Day on Saturday, May 2! Everyone is welcome to join in and watch the FREE event on our Close To My Heart Facebook Page! We will be demonstrating some fabulous creative projects during the event that you can create along with us. 
 You can purchase them on my website here 

I've already received and played with the National Scrapbooking Day Cardmaking Bundle 1
Here are a few of my creations.



"Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else." ~ Fred Rogers

Fred Rogers is one of my heroes and his words really touch my heart.  Things have changed and will continue to change but in the end, it is what we do with that change that makes or breaks us.  I see the beginning and have started down that road, a road where we become something more, something better than we were before, will you join me?
💗💙💚💛💜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Virtual Crafting Events: Class Three

  Class Three You Are Enough Scrapbooking Workshop June 25 from 2:00 - 5:00 pm (MDT) Use the You Are Enough Scrapbooking Workshop Kit to create four 12" x 12" two-page layouts and one 12" x 12" single page layout that really show off the creative possibilities of this incredible collection. Download the instruction guide here: You Are Enough Scrapbook Workshop Guide Kit contents: 1 – You Are Enough Paper Packet + Sticker Sheet (CC5219) 1 – You Are Enough Coordinating Cardstock (CC52111) 4 – White Daisy cardstock sheets 1 – You Are Enough Sequins (CC52112) 1 – Layered Butterfly Thin Cuts (CC52115) 5 – Top-load 12" × 12" Memory Protectors™ photo placeholders Additional supplies needed: You Are Enough Stamp + Thin Cuts (CC52114) Blue Belle Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z6519) Sangria Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z6516) Sapphire Exclusive Inks℠ Stamp Pad (Z2848) Black Journaling Pen (.01) (Z3515) Thin 3-D Foam Tape (Z2060) Click to go to the Facebook live event Fa

Keeping It Simple

  August is for keeping it simple Isabella Collection This month I will be featuring both the Isabella collection and the Wander Collection. Here is the  Isabella Two Card Design Workshop.   This workshop will be uploaded to YouTube for you to follow along on August 16, 2021.  You can preorder the stamp set if you don't already have it.  Click on the links to order what you need. The stamp set needed:   Isabella—Cardmaking Stamp + Thin Cuts Item Number: Z3969   or   Isabella—Cardmaking Item Number: C1900   I will pre-cut the paper and include the card bases, envelopes, with embellishments and deliver them to you either in person or with USPS.  I will email you the link to the YouTube video. Here are all of the extra's you will need . * Ballerina Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad Item Number: Z6501   *  Sage Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad Item Number: Z6504   * Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad Item Number: Z2805  or  Archival Black Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad Item Number: Z3271    * Adhesive Ru

Three Virtual Crafting Events: Class Two

  Class Two You Are Enough 6" x 8" Album Workshop June 23 from 2:00 - 5:00 pm (MDT) Use the materials in this kit to create the 6" × 8" scrapbook pages of the You Are Enough album . • Album not included Join us June 23rd at 2PM MST, for our adorable You Are Enough 6x8 Album workshop together! Facebook Event Link You can download the instruction guide here: Album Instruction Guide Additional supplies needed: My Acrylix® You Are Enough Stamp Set (CC52113) or You Are Enough Stamp + Thin Cuts (CC52114) Blue Belle Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z6519) Glacier Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2841) Sangria Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z6516) Sapphire Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2848) Black Journaling Pen (.03) (Z3516) 6" × 8" Everyday Life™ Album You can also get the entire product bundle here: You Are Enough Product Bundle Item Number: CC52118 The complete bundle will give you everything needed to do all three of the virtual crafting events EXCEPT those items listed as a